EnderCast Episode #09: Ender's World
Hey, everyone! This week's episode of EnderCast was rather special as Crystal and I had the privilege of talking to two great contributors to Ender's World: David Lubar and his daughter Alison Myers, authors of the essay Parallax Regained. Here are some of the topics we covered with them:
- Alison mentions in gender in Parallax Regained and how Scott has two well-crafted and dynamic female characters. As a female reader, it was a little disappointing that he had Petra fail on Eros. Why do you think he chose Petra for this incident?
- How can Peter/Valentine/Ender’s motivations be shown on screen, especially when we never get to see from Peter’s perspective?
- Thoughts on Anderson being changed to a woman and the effect of Asa being older on the transition of the story from book to film.
- Considering how the landscape of gaming has changed so much in the last 10 years, in a hypothetical situation that the IF needed to recruit for Battle School, could they do so in the pool of gamers out there today?
Also, a bit of a news round-up:
- Contests on EnderWiggin.net and Ender News for you to win Ender's Game mini posters
- Butterfield family's game Racing Blind is now available for the iPad
- Romeo and Juliet trailer with Hailee Steinfeld
- CinemaCon is coming up next week and Asa, Hailee, and Harrison will be receiving awards
Don't forget: you can listen to EnderCast whenever you like by subscribing to us on iTunes!
Thanks again for tuning in!